We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If you're planning a hiking outing with your furry best pal, don't forget to pack your trail mix -- not only for you, but for your pup. A power-packed trail mix treat made with olive oil and other energy boosting ingredients will keep your pup's energy and spirits high during your trek.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the olive oil and brown sugar in the large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth, using the wire whisk.
Add the peanut butter to the oil and brown sugar mixture and blend well, using a wooden spoon.
Add the banana and egg white to the mixture and combine thoroughly, using a wooden spoon.
Pour the flour, flax seed, cinnamon and baking powder into the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Put the oatmeal in the batter and mix with the blended ingredients until a dough forms.
Place the pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecan, peanuts, cranberries, pineapple, banana chips and carob chips together in the small mixing bowl.
Stir the nut and seed mixture into the batter until all the trail mix is evenly distributed.
Scoop dough into 1-inch portions, lightly roll individual dough portions in your hands and place the scoops on a greased baking sheet about an inch apart. Use your hand to flatten the dough balls into a cookie shapes.
Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool thoroughly. Place cookies in an airtight container.
If your dog has allergies or is on a restricted diet, check with your veterinarian before giving him any treats.
Carob chips are carried by health food stores and large grocery markets.
The recipe will yield approximately 36 dog cookies.
Items You Will Need
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Wire whisk
- Wooden spoon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup while wheat flour
- 1/8 cup milled flax seed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/8 cup raw pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1/8 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/8 cup dry roasted pecans, chopped
- 1/8 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried banana chips, chopped
- 1/8 cup carob chips (dog-safe alternative to chocolate)
- Baking sheet
- Carob chips are carried by health food stores and large grocery markets.
- The recipe will yield approximately 36 dog cookies.
- If your dog has allergies or is on a restricted diet, check with your veterinarian before giving him any treats.