Information

Is a Pachysandra Poisonous to Dogs?

Is a Pachysandra Poisonous to Dogs?



We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

The pachysandra plant, or Japanese pachysandra, is a common ground cover garden plant that is active during the spring and summer. If you plant pachysandra in your garden or around your home, take comfort in knowing that this plant is not toxic to dogs if accidentally consumed in small amounts.

Common Symptoms of Plant Poisoning

Depending on the plant consumed by your dog, he may experience several different symptoms. Common plant poisoning symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, confusion, weakness, convulsions, abnormal heart rhythms, skin rash, difficulty swallowing and excessive drooling.

Toxicity Information

According to the United States Department of Agriculture and the University of California - Davis, pachysandra plants are not toxic to dogs. Despite pachysandra being classified as a safe plant, eating large amounts of it may be harmful to your dog. It is best to keep an eye on your dog when he is outside playing to prevent him from accidentally consuming garden plants and vegetation.

References

Resources


Watch the video: 10 TOXIC PLANTS for DOGS and Their Effects (August 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos